First visit generally lasts from 45 to 75 minutes. Your acupuncturist will take a detailed health history, perform a physical exam, and provide you with your unique treatment plan.
During the initial evaluation, your acupuncturist will spend time getting to know you and your health concerns. Be sure you prepare all your questions and discuss them with your acupuncturist.
Checklist before appointment
1. Avoid any rush, stress or strenuous activities before and after the treatment.
2. Better to eat non-heavy meal two hours before an acupuncture appointment.
3. Do not go for treatment on an empty stomach because you may feel lightheaded or physically depleted.
4. No coffee or alcohol drinking before appointment.
5. Wear loose clothing so the acupuncturist can easily access to place needles.
6. Turn off your cell phone before your appointment actually starts so as to avoid getting distracted during the session.